Come Join the DGS Family.
DGS continues to experience steady growth. The agency is large enough to make an impact in the community, yet not too big to lose a caring work environment where employees can make a difference. With the wide variety of positions and programs, employees have several options to develop their careers.
Our employees tell us Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is a great place to work. There is opportunity for work-life balance, challenging work, and a supportive and stimulating work environment. Employees at DGS have a great opportunity to make a significant impact in the lives of children throughout the state of Delaware, on the agency, and within their careers.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Incentive pay plan for certain clinical staff positions
- Medical and dental insurance
- Health savings accounts (HSAs)
- Life, AD&D, LTD, STD
- Paid vacation, sick, and holidays
- 403(b) plan with match and generous contribution
Employee contributions are required for some benefits. Delaware Guidance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
View Jobs on Indeed | View on LinkedIn
To apply for a position, please visit our designated career website.
Location: Lewes, Delaware
Full-time and PRN positions available
Under the supervision of the Call Center Supervisor, the Call Center Clinician and Case Manager will take calls into the crisis call center for youth and families in crisis regarding psychological and emotional problems (such as out of control behavior, suicidal/homicidal ideation and/or family problems) while maintaining safety, obtaining all necessary triage information, and then dispatching a clinician. The Call Center Clinician and Case Manager will also assist in the daily case management duties for each county.
- Maintain professional interactions during crisis calls with all stakeholders
- Maintain high levels of teamwork with effective communication
- Engage in calls with an empathetic and professional attitude
- Use critical thinking skills while triaging calls and dispatching clinicians
- Support the MRSS team in the management of cases referred for assessments and follow-up services
- Communicate with and provide appropriate documentation to the PBH team
- Conduct satisfaction surveys and other quality assurance measures in support of the MRSS program
- Maintain appropriate and quality documentation
- Enter appropriate documentation into the DSCYF system
- Develop and maintain programmatic needs and outcome studies.
- Uphold professional standards of treatment and the mission of the organization
- Maintain a quality code of conduct, ethics and professionalism
- Provide goal-directed and team-oriented services
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all stakeholders
- Customer Service
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: Call center, Office-based, Lewes, Delaware
Physical demands: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, may be requested to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Travel required: None
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in the human services field
Preferred education and experience:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in mental health field
- Call center or emergency services experience
Delaware Guidance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
DGS is committed to the safety of its employees and clients. All employees must follow DGS’s vaccination policy. Face coverings and daily screens required to enter buildings. Social distancing is practiced in all locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Employee Elected Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plans with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- Clinical trainings with CE’s
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Job Type: Full-time or PRN
Pay: $18.00 per hour