Location: Delaware State, USA
Availability at all 5 Sites:
- Wilmington, DE
- Newark, DE
- Dover, DE
- Lewes, DE
- Seaford, DE
Sign-on Bonus Eligible: $2,400
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is currently seeking Licensed Clinicians for a full-time opportunity in our Delaware offices.
The Outpatient Therapist provides therapeutic mental health counseling to children, youth, and their families to meet the specific mental health needs of the identified client as they relate to their diagnosis. Therapist may provide services in a combination of settings including office, schools, and approved community partnership locations. Outpatient therapy includes psychoeducational activities/interventions designed to assist the client and their family with positive outcomes.
- Provide evaluative, diagnostic, and psychotherapeutic services to children, adolescents, adults, and their families
- Conceptualize course of treatment inclusive of appropriate modalities, interventions, frequency and duration of clinical services
- Assess clients needs and risks by utilizing crisis intervention skills and/or services
- Apply knowledge related to developmental factors, family and community systems in order to develop and implement treatment planning
- Maintains an assigned caseload in compliance with agency standards related to direct clinical care
- Demonstrate comprehensive skills in providing evaluation, diagnosis, and therapeutic services to build resilience in children, adolescents, adults, and families
- Participates in interagency committees, community task forces, and advocacy special interest groups
- Provides clinical supervision for Masters program interns and staff members as assigned
- Provides feedback and suggestions for program improvement
Administrative & Clinical Documentation
- Engages and collaborates with community resources, make appropriate referrals, and consult with other agencies on behalf of clients
- Collaborates with school staff regarding behavioral health services for students
- Complete required documentation for clinical records within established timeframes.
- Participates in scheduled supervision with the direct People Leader
- Maintains active status licensure with respective State of Delaware Division of Professional Regulation
- Interpersonal skills/relationships/teamwork
- Participates in relevant professional development and learning activities
- Adheres to professional code of ethics and conduct
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all stakeholders
- Demonstrates continuous commitment to DGS’ core values
- Performs other duties that support the mission of the organization
- Knowledge and application of therapeutic interventions
- Clinical Judgment/decision making/problem solving
- Effective Practice Management
- Adaptability/continuous improvement
- Written & oral communication
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: Office and/or community settings as assigned, Partial telecommuting with approval
Physical demands: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, may be requested to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Travel required: Occasional travel to various sites and/or community partners
- Master’s Degree which qualifies for licensure in the state of Delaware as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), License Professional Counselor of Mental Health (LPCMH), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Psychologist.
- Possess Delaware Clinical Licensure (social work, psychology, counseling)
- Minimum of two years of relevant full-time post graduate experience
Delaware Guidance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
DGS is committed to the safety of its employees and clients. All employees must follow DGS’s vaccination policy. Face coverings and daily screens required to enter buildings. Social distancing is practiced in all locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Employee Elected Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plans with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- Clinical trainings with CE’s
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Job Type: Full-time, Prime-Time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year