Location: Delaware, United States
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is currently seeking Master’s Level Clinicians for a full-time opportunity in multiple counties: New Castle County, Kent County, Sussex County
Salary Range: $38,000 Bachelors (start) – $42,000 a year Masters (start), plus program premium of $3,500 annually
Sign-on Bonus Eligible: $2,000
Under the supervision of the Crisis Clinical Coordinator, the Crisis Clinician will assess and counsel individuals in crisis regarding psychological and emotional problems while maintaining safety and implementing therapeutic treatment plans in a community based setting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual growth and development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of family and community systems.
- Assess the risk level of clients through phone calls and make decisions to mobilize into the community to provide assessment, evaluation, crisis prevention, crisis intervention to maintain the physical and emotional safety of the client and community.
- Observe and assess clients to detect indications of abnormal physical and mental behavior.
- Develop comprehensive skills in providing evaluations, diagnosis and therapeutic services to children, adolescents and their families.
- Maintain professional interactions in the community with hospital staff, police, school personnel, and in clients’ homes.
- Plan and administer therapeutic techniques through a systems framework to assist clients and their families in managing clinical disorders and other family problems.
- Assess the client’s level of need and recommend the least restrictive level of treatment to the Clinical Coordinator and the Department of Child Mental Health.
- Discuss progress towards treatment goals with client/family and other service providers.
- Consult with medical doctors and other specialists concerning treatment plans and amend as needed.
- Provide consultative services to community agencies as needed.
- Implement maximum utilization of community resources by clients and facilitate interagency treatment planning for clients.
- Participate in individual and group supervision.
- Develop and maintain programmatic needs and outcome studies.
- Uphold professional standards of treatment and the mission of Delaware Guidance Services in imparting services to children and their families.
- Maintain a quality code of conduct, ethics and professionalism as demonstrated in the Child Priority Response Program Manual.
- Impart clinical knowledge and expertise in a manner congruent with providing goal-directed and team-oriented services towards children.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all customers, including children, parents, Department of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services and other state and county agencies.
- Maintain crisis services to children and families in compliance with requirements published in the Department of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory responsibilities: none
Work environment: Client homes, Schools, Community, Office, Partial telecommuting with approval
Physical demands: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, may be requested to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Travel required: Regular (daily at times) travel within county utilizing agency fleet with occasional transport of clients, mileage reimbursement when utilizing personal vehicle
- Master’s degree from an accredited school in the human resource field, or a bachelor’s degree with 2 years relevant crisis experience with an approved waiver from the Department of Child Mental Health.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Experience with de-escalating behavioral and mental health crisis
- Two or more years of experience in mental health or behavior health services
Delaware Guidance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
DGS is committed to the safety of its employees and clients. All employees must follow DGS’s vaccination policy. Face coverings and daily screens required to enter buildings. Social distancing is practiced in all locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Employee Elected Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plans with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- Clinical trainings with CE’s
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $38,000.00 per year, plus program premium of $3,500 annually