Location: Dover, DE
Delaware Guidance Services is expanding the CARES program across the State of Delaware. Positions available in New Castle, Kent and Sussex County!
Under the supervision of the Mobile Youth Crisis Supervisor, the CARES Clinician will provide short-term clinical interventions to families of youths who are at an increased risk for psychiatric hospitalization due to psychological and emotional problems (such as out of control behavior, suicidal/homicidal ideation and/or family problems) while maintaining safety and implementing therapeutic treatment plans in a community-based setting.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school in the human resource field, and eligible for licensing in Delaware in the respective field (e.g., social work, psychology, counseling).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual growth and development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of family and community systems.
- Provide assessment, evaluation, crisis prevention, and crisis intervention to maintain the physical and emotional safety of the client, family and community, in order to prevent the need for psychiatric hospitalization.
- Refer and assist with connecting families and youth to appropriate long-term clinical and/or case management services.
- Demonstrate comprehensive skills in providing evaluations, diagnosis and therapeutic services to children, adolescents and their families.
- Maintain professional interactions in families’ homes and the community with hospital staff, school personnel, and other supportive members in the families’ community.
- Plan and administer therapeutic techniques through a systems framework to assist clients and their families in managing clinical disorders and other family problems.
- Assess the youth’s level of need and recommend the least restrictive level of treatment to the CARES Supervisor and the Division of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services.
- Discuss progress towards treatment goals with youth/family and clinical service providers.
- Consult with clinical service providers, psychiatrists, and other specialists concerning treatment plans and amend as needed.
- Provide consultative services to community agencies and schools as needed.
- Encourage maximum utilization of community resources by youths/families and facilitate interagency treatment planning for youths/families.
- Participate in individual and group supervision.
- Maintain timely documentation of treatment plans, safety plans, progress notes, and program reports.
- Uphold professional standards of treatment and the mission of Delaware Guidance Services in imparting services to children and their families.
- Maintain a quality code of conduct, ethics and professionalism as outlined in the CARES Program Manual.
- Impart clinical knowledge and expertise in a manner congruent with providing goal-directed and team-oriented services towards children and families.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all customers, including children, parents, Department of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services and other state and county agencies.
- Maintain crisis services to children and families in compliance with requirements published in the Department of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: The CARES Clinician reports to the Mobile Youth Crisis Supervisor.
*Some telecommuting possible!
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer:
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plan with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
- Clinical Supervision
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Some DGS locations are approved by the NHSC (National Health Service Corps) for the Federal Loan Repayment program. Loan Forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program is also available.
DGS is committed to the safety of its employees and clients. All employees must follow DGS’s vaccination policy. Face coverings and daily screens required to enter buildings. Social distancing is practiced in all locations.