Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Services provided to Christina School District
The Certified School Counselor is responsible for providing certified school counseling services at a designated school location. The school counselor will provide therapeutic counseling to children, youth, and their families with the goal of improving overall functioning in the school, home, and community. The school counselor will be looked upon to provide coaching and consultation to school faculty as needed.
- Provides individual, group, family and classroom counseling.
- Maintains student files and complete case recording.
- Assist families in accessing community resources.
- Collaborates with school personnel including teachers, administrators, and support staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the school principal and/or DGS supervisor.
- Participates in individual and group supervision with the DGS program supervisor.
- Participates in relevant professional learning activities
- Maintains school counseling certification
- Adheres to professional code of ethics and conduct
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all stakeholders
- Demonstrates continuous commitment to DGS’ core values
- Performs other duties that support the mission of the organization
- Working knowledge of child development and how to implement counseling supports to students in the school setting.
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Interpersonal skills/relationships/teamwork
- Judgment/decision making/problem solving
- Written & oral communication
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: Office-based, School- Christina School District
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Travel required: None
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school in the field of school counseling
- Certified in the State of Delaware as a School Counselor
- School Counseling experience
- Experience working with schools and/or community based organizations
Delaware Guidance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plan with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
- Clinical Supervision
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Some DGS locations are approved by the NHSC (National Health Service Corps) for the Federal Loan Repayment program. Loan Forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program is also available.