Location: Delaware State, USA
The Risk, Compliance and Privacy Administrator directs program level compliance for Behavioral Health services including office and community-based programs. This manager level position requires strong supervisory, quality assurance, management, and organizational skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills are also required. This position provides support to the entire agency across all 5 sites across Delaware.
Risk and Compliance
- Manages the implementation and operation of DGS’ compliance program covering all elements of the system, including but not limited to security, privacy, safety and program integrity.
- Develops, implements and periodically reviews/updates compliance policies and compliance procedures to ensure that they appropriately address material areas of compliance risk impacting every Agency component.
- Develops and manages the implementation of an annual compliance education curriculum that includes mandatory general compliance education for all employees focused on compliance program elements and annually thereafter, as well as annual role-based compliance training regarding pertinent legal standards for employees.
- Serves as a resource to executives and management for compliance guidance and assistance in establishing and implementing compliance risk minimization strategies that reduce the Agency’s vulnerability to fraud and abuse.
- Provides staff support for the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee and track all QA reporting and forms, ensuring all necessary follow-ups are completed.
- Implements Leadership Team directives, and agency policies and procedures.
- Monitors changes in laws, regulations, rules, enforcement agency guidance/initiatives and case law developments.
- Responsible for reading, knowing, and complying with all appropriate governing documents in the administration of Agency programs be it contracts, agency policies and procedures, State or Federal standards, specific program operations manuals and circulars both internal and external, and the like.
- Responsible for ensuring the complete training and onboarding of Orientation for all new hire employees.
- Ensures and supports appropriate staff supervision during all operating hours.
Privacy and Security
- Serves as the Privacy and Security Officer as required by HITECH and HIPAA regulations and performs all responsibilities of these roles.
- Participates in the implementation of new technology solutions to ensure compliance with privacy and security policy and procedures.
- Completes and/or reviews all reports, forms, schedules and other documentation as required by the agency.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates internal audits quarterly and, as needed, for compliance purposes.
- Assesses the agencies overall HIPAA and Security Compliancy by conducting an annual Security Risk Assessment. Developing remediation plans for deficits and implementing policy/procedural changes to increase overall compliance.
- Investigates HIPAA and security related incidents and presenting results/data to determine course of action for resolving incident.
- Upholds professional standards and the mission of the organization.
- Demonstrates continuous commitment to DGS’ core values.
- Adheres to professional code of ethics and conduct.
- Provides goal-directed and team-oriented internal and external customer service.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all stakeholders.
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Customer Service
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal skills/relationships/teamwork
- Judgment/decision making/problem solving
Supervisory responsibilities: May supervise technical and/or administrative staff
Work environment: Office based, Partial telecommuting with approval
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- May be requested to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Travel required: Between sites as needed, Statewide
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Thorough knowledge of laws, rules and regulations pertaining to Behavioral Health and provider operations (including fraud and abuse laws), and principles, practices and techniques of compliance management, including program planning and implementation, fiscal/financial analysis and basic accounting
- 5+ years progressive managerial experience and comprehensive experience or training in internal auditing and regulatory compliance in healthcare.
- 5+ years of experience in health care administration
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) by the Health Care Compliance Association
Delaware Guidance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plan with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
- Clinical Supervision
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Some DGS locations are approved by the NHSC (National Health Service Corps) for the Federal Loan Repayment program. Loan Forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program is also available.