Location: All 5 sites
Delaware Guidance Services for Children and Youth, Inc. (DGS) is a highly regarded, non-profit mental health agency that annually serves over 10,000 children and youth across the state of Delaware.
DGS is pleased to post available positions for our two-year advanced clinical training program designed to train master’s level graduates to become competent clinicians and obtain licensure.
This is the only program of its kind in the area that provides skill development in core clinical competencies and the opportunity to practice these skills in a family-based child guidance setting. We are currently seeking a diverse group of qualified master’s level trainees to participate in this program. Candidates must have already finished their graduate education or be on target to graduate within 6 months.
Trainees will be expected to carry a caseload of clients approximately 3/4 the size of a full-time clinician. Caseloads will provide experience across a broad spectrum of emotional and behavioral issues from adjustment difficulties and attention problems to complex trauma. Trainees will receive a minimum of one hour weekly supervision, and up to three hours of group supervision per week from highly qualified and experienced licensed therapists. Four hours of training per week will also be provided on core competencies and skill development to provide quality treatment services.
Delaware Guidance Services offers a great working environment, competitive base salary ($38K first year) and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and paid leave benefits.
Our Delaware Offices are located in Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Lewes and Seaford, all of which are centrally located to a variety of major metropolitan areas, beaches and attractions.
For immediate consideration, please provide a cover letter indicating your interest, curriculum vitae or resume and two professional references letters. In addition, either in the cover letter or on a separate sheet, please give a short response to the following questions:
a. What do you see as your current strengths and weaknesses as a clinician? (other than lack of experience)
b. What are you most interested in learning if accepted into this two-year program?
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual growth and development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of family and community systems.
- Provide evaluative, diagnostic, and psychotherapeutic services to children, adolescents, adults, and their families under the direct supervision of a DGS assigned clinician.
- Maintain a clinic caseload assigned by the Intake Coordinator in collaboration with the Program Coordinator.
- Complete authorizations for treatment services and required documentation for clinical records within set deadlines.
- Develop comprehensive skills in providing evaluation, diagnosis, and therapeutic services to children, adolescents, adults, and their families.
- Become knowledgeable about community resources, make appropriate referrals, collaborate and consult with other agencies on behalf of clients.
- Attend program required training seminars.
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision.
Education – Master’s Degree from an accredited school in the respective field (e.g., social work, psychology, counseling)
- Individual growth & development
- Family & community systems
- Diagnostic & psychotherapeutic services
- Treatment services authorizations & documentation
- Community resources
- Adaptability/continuous improvement
- Computer applications
- Customer focus
- Initiative/drive, results orientation
- Interpersonal skills/relationships/teamwork
- Judgment/decision making/problem solving
- Written & oral communication
Principal Internal Working Relationships:
- Clinical Supervisor
- Clinical Director
- Program Coordinator
- Intake, Billing, & other administrative staff
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- · Competitive Compensation
- · Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- · Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- · Voluntary Employee Elected Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer)
- · Health Savings Account (HSA)
- · Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- · Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- · 403(b) plans with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- · Internal Professional Development and Training
- · Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- · Clinical trainings with CE’s
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 per year