Location: Delaware, US
Availability at one of the following sites:
Salary: (start) $118,000/year
· Conduct psychiatric evaluations on children, adolescents, and adults and prepare written reports.
· Consult with staff members, clients, and outside agencies regarding the findings of psychiatric evaluations.
· Provide medication therapy for children, adolescents, and adults.
· Provide psychotherapy for selected clients, assigned by the Chief Clinical Officer, as time permits.
· Complete authorizations for treatment services and required documentation for clinical records within set deadlines.
· Attend supervision with assigned staff Psychiatrist, as well as monthly Psychiatry meetings.
· Consult with the Chief Clinical Officer as needed, on psychiatric and/or medical aspects of clinical services.
· Provide consultation to outside agencies.
· Develop and implement plans for personal continuing education and enhancement of clinical skills.
· Participate in activities of the local child psychiatry/nurse practitioner organization(s) and represent DGS in the medical community.
· Contributes to the in-service program of the clinical staff.
· Serve on Staff and Board Committees as needed.
· Maintain appropriate licensure.
· Maintain privacy and all HIPPA compliance r/ty Care and Tx.
· Ensure all minors are adequately represented by parents/leg. Guardians or DFS in all care/tx provided
· Provide education and teaching verbal and written as needed r/t medications, therapies and evidenced based research as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and other medical and pharmacological resources.
· Be familiar with new and emerging trends, research, drug information as it relates to the treatment and care of children and adolescents.
· Advocate for the rights of children and adolescents and parents in their right to choose or refuse, and have appropriate competent care given.
· Perform other duties as assigned by their manager.
· Minimum of two years of training and experience in child/adolescent psychiatry/mental health including training in family therapy. National Board Certification (recommended).
Registered/Licensed to practice in the State of Delaware as a Psych/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner under the supervision of a staff Psychiatrist.
· Individual growth & development
· Family & community systems
· Psychiatric evaluation
· Psychiatric medication treatment
· Diagnostic & psychotherapeutic services
· Treatment services authorizations & documentation
· Community resources
· Adaptability/continuous improvement
· Computer applications
· Customer focus
· Initiative/drive, results orientation
· Interpersonal skills/relationships/teamwork
· Judgment/decision making/problem solving
· Written & oral communication
Principal Internal Working Relationships:
· Chief Clinical Officer
· Program Coordinator
· Intake, Billing, & other administrative staff
Principal External Working Relationships:
· Clients, families, community agencies, DFS, pharmacists, schools
Reporting Relationship: Chief Clinical Officer