Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Salary Range: $16.00 hr.
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is currently seeking a Billing Specialist for a temporary position with possibility of a full time permanent role in our Wilmington, Delaware office. Under the Billing Manager, Billing Specialist is responsible for: Oversee authorization process and rejected/unpaid claims progress, Check daily schedule for all clients regarding authorization and charge, Confirm authorization on file for each scheduled appointment at each office location, Notify clinical staff members when authorizations are needed for sessions by printing reports, attach necessary forms and advising staff when to call the insurance company, Contact insurance companies when requested authorizations are not received, Update authorization records, Prepare late bills, secondary bills, resubmissions and Flex funding bills to DPBHS, Communicate and pursue missing/incorrect data necessary for billing/funding with all location support staff, clinical staff, insurance companies and client families, including processing of pending charge slips report and updating/obtaining authorizations.
- Graduate from high school or possess a general education degree
- One-year of billing experience.
- Other requirements include: computer skills, knowledge of insurance procedures and authorization process.
- Must have the ability to work independently but in cooperation with other team members.
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Employee Elected Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plan with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**