Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is currently seeking candidates for: On call / PRN Crisis Call Center Counselor / Dispatcher.
Location: Lewes, Delaware
Under the supervision of the Call Center Supervisor, this position will provide onsite coverage for the Delaware Children and Youth Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline.
Dispatcher will take calls into the crisis call center for youth and families in crisis regarding psychological and emotional problems (such as out of control behavior, suicidal/homicidal ideation and/or family problems) while maintaining safety, obtaining all necessary triage information, and then dispatching a clinician.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Service field.
- Excellent Communication skills and a willingness to work flexible hours.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply and indicate the language in which you are fluent.
- Must be flexible with hours to include over-nights, weekends, and holidays
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain professional interactions during calls with hospital staff, police, school personnel, and in clients’ homes.
· Maintain high levels of teamwork with effective communication.
· Engage in calls with an empathetic and professional attitude.
· Use critical thinking skills while triaging calls and dispatching clinicians
· Participate in individual and group supervision.
· Develop and maintain programmatic needs and outcome studies.
· Uphold professional standards of treatment and the mission of Delaware Guidance Services in imparting services to children and their families.
· Maintain a quality code of conduct, ethics and professionalism as demonstrated in the Child Priority Response Program Manual.
· Impart clinical knowledge and expertise in a manner congruent with providing goal-directed and team-oriented services towards children.
· Communicate effectively and professionally with all customers, including children, parents, Department of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services and other state and county agencies.
· Other duties as assigned.
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plan with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
- Clinical Supervision
- **Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Some DGS locations are approved by the NHSC (National Health Service Corps) for the Federal Loan Repayment program. Loan Forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program is also available.