Location: Delaware State, USA
Availability at all 5 Sites:
- Wilmington, DE
- Newark, DE
- Dover, DE
- Lewes, DE
- Seaford, DE
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is currently seeking Licensed Clinicians for a full-time opportunity in our Delaware offices.
The Outpatient Therapist provides therapeutic mental health counseling to children, youth, and their families to meet the specific mental health needs of the identified client as they relate to their diagnosis. Therapist may provide services in a combination of settings including office, schools, and approved community partnership locations. Outpatient therapy includes psychoeducational activities/interventions designed to assist the client and their family with positive outcomes.
· Demonstrate knowledge of individual growth and development.
· Demonstrate knowledge of family and community systems.
· Provide evaluative, diagnostic, and psychotherapeutic services to children, adolescents, adults, and their families (under the direct supervision of a DGS assigned clinician)
· Maintain a clinic caseload assigned by the Intake Coordinator in collaboration with the Chief Clinical Officer and/or the employee’s supervisor.
· Complete authorizations for treatment services and required documentation for clinical records within set deadlines.
· Develop comprehensive skills in providing evaluation, diagnosis, and therapeutic services to children, adolescents, adults, and their families.
· Become knowledgeable about community resources, make appropriate referrals, collaborate and consult with other agencies on behalf of clients.
· As approved by the Chief Clinical Officer, represent DGS through participation in interagency committees, community task forces, and advocacy special interest groups.
· Supervise students and staff members as approved by the Chief Clinical Officer.
· Maintain appropriate licensure.
· Serve on Staff and Board Committees, as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned by their manager.
- Minimum of two years of relevant full-time post graduate experience
- Delaware licensing in the respective field (e.g., social work, psychology, counseling) required.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school in the respective field (e.g., social work, psychology, counseling)
- Individual growth & development
- · Family & community systems
- · Diagnostic & psychotherapeutic services
- · Treatment services authorizations & documentation
- · Community resources
- · Adaptability/continuous improvement
- · Computer applications
- · Customer focus
- · Initiative/drive, results orientation
- · Interpersonal skills/relationships/teamwork
- · Judgment/decision making/problem solving
- · Written & oral communication
Principal Internal Working Relationships:
- · Chief Clinical Officer
- · Outpatient Clinical Coordinator
- · Intake, Billing, & other administrative staff
- · Psychiatrists and Psychiatric NPs
Principal External Working Relationships: Clients, families, community agencies
Direct Reports: None
Reporting Relationship: Clinical Coordinator or Outpatient Program Manager
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- · Competitive Compensation
- · Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- · Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- · Voluntary Employee Elected Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer)
- · Health Savings Account (HSA)
- · Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- · Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- · 403(b) plans with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- · Internal Professional Development and Training
- · Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- · Clinical trainings with CE’s
- **Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year