Location: Seaford, Delaware
Salary Range: $42,000 a year (start), $45,000 (full caseload)
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is currently seeking Family Based Mental Health therapists for a full-time opportunity in the Sussex County area. Under the supervision of the Family Based Program Manager, The Family Based Therapist serves as the primary therapist to the children and families participating in the program. They function as the team leader and provide/coordinate community based mental health treatment and services along with a partner clinician. The Family Based Therapist is responsible for developing and implementing systemically based interventions utilizing structural family therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, behavior modification, psycho-education and other researched-based approaches. Family Based Services is a community based program that provides all clinical services in the community. Staff are required to be in the office for weekly group and individual supervision, as well as other meetings or appointments as scheduled. Approximately 80-90% of time is spent in the community.
- Master’s degree in a license eligible discipline, such as a Clinical Social Worker, Professional Counselor of Mental Health, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or in the field of Psychology.
- Two or more years of experience in Family therapist or other related experience preferred.
- Driver’s license and good driving record required. Driving is a requirement for this position.
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Employee Elected Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plan with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
- Clinical Supervision
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Some DGS locations are approved by the NHSC (National Health Service Corps) for the Federal Loan Repayment program. Loan Forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program is also available.