Location: Newark, Delaware
Salary Range: $25 hr / 10-month (start)
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is currently seeking a School Counselor for an opportunity in the Christina School District in Newark, Delaware. Under the direction of the School Counselor Program Coordinator, the School Counselor will accept counseling referrals on troubled youth and their families and provide individual/group counseling and family counseling. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain client files and complete case recording.
- Maintain open communications with referral agencies or organizations.
- Provide clinical consultation to school personnel as needed.
- Make presentations to students and school personnel.
- Function as a child advocate.
- Attend scheduled meetings with school personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school in social work, psychology, guidance or counseling.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a family counseling or child-serving agency. Experience in the elementary school setting is desirable.
About Delaware Guidance Services
Delaware Guidance Services (DGS) is Delaware’s largest non-residential mental health provider for children and families. With 5 main offices and many community partners, DGS services are accessible from anywhere in the state. DGS aims to provide comprehensive mental health services to all families regardless of insurance, socioeconomic status or ethnicity. With over 200 staff, DGS is focused on growing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers treatment in an ethical and innovative way.
Delaware Guidance Services exists to provide quality therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families to increase their social, emotional, and behavioral wellness.
Benefits We Offer
DGS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Incentive Pay for Certain Clinical Staff (Productivity Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation (3-4 weeks), sick (12 per year) and ALL Major Holidays, as well as Two Floating Holidays
- 403(b) plan with match (2%) and generous company contribution (6%)
- Internal Professional Development and Training
- Clinical Supervision
**Employee contributions are required for some benefits.**
Some DGS locations are approved by the NHSC (National Health Service Corps) for the Federal Loan Repayment program. Loan Forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program is also available.